The 4Ps Of Setting Up A Care Routine
The daily schedules of caregivers can get hectic, and time is precious especially since there is so much to do in a day. Keeping to a daily routine can help you better manage time and care for your loved ones.
How a care routine helps
- Minimises confusion and stress in decision making
- Ensures important routine tasks (e.g. medication) are done
- Get seniors involved in planning their own care routine
Here are the 4 ‘P”s to get you started on personalising a care routine.
- Make a list of daily tasks and activities
- Understand loved ones’ needs, preferences, and abilities
- Discuss with your family and allocate tasks
- Plan activities for yourself
- Use the care routine as a daily guide
- Improvise the tasks to ensure you and your loved ones are comfortable with it
- Arrange for extra help if you’re unable to manage
- Look for available care services to support you
- Keep other family members updated on your loved ones’ condition
- Ease the load by splitting up tasks and responsibilities
- Don’t overexert yourself or your loved ones
- Have adequate rest between activities
With good planning, you can be more efficient in completing your daily tasks, and even free up some time for respite and self-care. Need help getting started? Try using this Basic Care Routine Guide and Template!